The Icebug Insole responds to the user's body and activity to provide comfort, support, and relief for the entire stride. The Arch Flex System Technology works like an exercise ball, providing an energy return with every step. This dynamic insole addresses all three arches of the foot: Medial, Lateral, and Metatarsal. The Icebug Insole is available in two thicknesses, three arch shapes, and 10 sizes for a perfect fit.
Icebug SLIM Insole
• Designed to fit lower volume footwear.
• Single-layer top sheet provides comfort with better tactile feel.
• ArchFlexSystem® built‐in for healthier feet.
Medium Arch Shape
• Most people will find the Medium foot shape insoles to be the best. This is ideal for those who over-pronate.
Icebug Insole Sizing Chart
|*Insoles come in Men’s Sizing, See Women’s column for conversion|
|4||5.5 - 6|
|5||6.5 - 7|
|6||7.5 - 8|
|7||8.5 - 9|
|8||9.5 - 10|
|9||10.5 - 11|
|10||11.5 – 12|
Thickness of insoles:
The FAT is around 7 mm thick at heel and 5 mm at the forefoot. There is a layer of temperature reactive foam that takes a subtle mold of the foot for more comfort and protection. Perfect for those who are older and the fatty tissue on the bottom of the foot is breaking down, those who want more support (Thicker foam equals more under the arches), or need to fill volume in the shoe for a more precise fit.
The SLIM is around 5 mm in the heel and 2 mm in the forefoot. It does not have the extra layer of comfort foam. This gives the user a closer fit and is lighter weight and takes up much less volume in the shoe. Perfect for low volume footwear.
- The low insole for both FAT and SLIM is primarily designed for those people who cannot tolerate much support under the arch or those with what we call a Rigid-Flat foot. This insole gives a small amount of support under the medial arch but does provide some support on the lateral side and also very importantly behind the Met pads. This helps with forefoot issues and shoe fit.
- Most people will find the Medium foot shape insoles to be the best. This should be good for those with lower to medium arches and those with flexible feet. It is the best place to start if you don’t know what might work. This is ideal for those who over-pronate and whose foot gets bigger when they put weight on it.
- The High foot shape is the highest on the market today. The shape is ideal for those who like MAXIMUM support under foot and for those with feet that UNDER-PRONATE and are more ridged. These feet put more pressure on the forefoot and have little in the way of shock absorption. Icebug High insoles will provide relief in the forefoot with the Metatarsal arch bump in the front and the materials and shape will help give support and comfort to those with high arches. Women are the majority of this customer.
Finding the right size and shape:
Here are a few tips to get people into the right size or helping them get to the right size.
- If the person has a FLEXIBLE FOOT (One that changes shape more than one full size on a Brannock device ( sizer), then they should size up to the next size. This means that the insole will fit better as the customers foot is really bigger than they think. If they were a size 9 shoe, then a 10 insole is best. This is a general rule. They can always trim off the extra to make it fit.
- If the person has a HIGH RIDGID FOOT (doesn’t change shape much when sitting or standing) then the customer should buy the same as their shoe size or one size smaller. You do not want it smaller than the shoe it’s going into. Again this is a general rule.
- Volume (Fat or Slim) is a matter of preference and the shoe it’s going into. Tighter fitting shoes like dress shoes, cleats, some running shoes, etc. will work better with the slim. If the person is standing more, wearing looser shoes such as boots, casual, work, etc. and they like more padding or cushion under foot then the Fat is best.
- The reason we have 10 sizes per style and shape is that the “SHAPE” of our insole is key to it fitting properly and working optimality with the person. The insole needs to be “graded” so that the arches on the product and heel cup are sized for that shape foot.
(NOTE: this is a key feature of our system that a customer can get a “Semi-Custom” fit with Icebug)